News Desk

Texas environment regulators should coordinate shutdowns of oil refineries and other petrochemical plants during major storms to avoid big releases of air pollution like during last year’s Hurricane Harvey, a report said.A year ago Harvey dumped more than 60 inches (1.5 metres) of rain on...






Japan’s Mitsubishi Corp said it has agreed to acquire 25 per cent of Bangladesh’s Summit Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) terminal and plans to help develop an offshore receiving site in the South Asian country.The other 75 per cent of the Summit LNG terminal will remain with Summit Corp.Summit LNG’s...






Dutch oil and chemical storage company Vopak said it would consider selling four European petroleum terminals, as increasing competition in fuel markets led to a stronger than expected drop in second-quarter profit.Vopak’s earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA...






AP Moller-Maersk said it would spin off its offshore drilling operation and list it in Copenhagen next year, the latest move by the Danish shipping company to focus entirely on transport and logistics.Maersk, which cut its full-year profit outlook this month, sold Maersk Oil to French oil major...






India allowed import of petcoke for use as feedstock in some industries, sending shares of cement manufacturers higher.Cement companies, which account for about three-fourths of the country’s petcoke use, were impacted by petcoke-related policy flip-flops, which began with a Supreme Court judgment...






Royal Dutch Shell’s oil traders in the Caribbean island of Barbados are getting ready for a tough gig - they’re being moved to the Bahamas next month.The relocation of the oil and gas company’s trading hub for Latin America will make travel to customers in the key region easier for its employees, a...






Tags